Anna of Cleves, also referred to as Anne of Cleves, was Queen of England from 6 January to 9 July 1540 due to her marriage to King Henry VIII. She was his fourth wife and was succeeded by Katherine Howard. She is currently being played by Dionne Ward-Anderson in the West End production of Six the Musical, and by Brittney Mack in the Broadway production. In the original cast recording, her role was played by Genesis Lynea.
- Ex-Wives (Reprise) (live only)
- Anne Boleyn (Interlude) (live only)
- Haus of Holbein
- Haus of Holbein (Playoff) (live only)
- Get Down
- I Don't Need Your Love (Remix)
- Megasix (live only)
|First Principal Performance||First Swing Performance||Final Performance||Emergency Covers|
|Oliver Wickham||31 July 2017||14 October 2017|
|Genesis Lynea||18 December 2017||22 January 2018||21 April 2019|
28 July 2019
|Alexia McIntosh||11 July 2018||14 November 2021|
|Grace Mouat||14 August 2018||4 August 2019|
|Vicki Manser||26 January 2019||10 October 2019|
|Courtney Stapleton||2 May 2019||2 July 2019|
|Brittney Mack||14 May 2019||Ongoing|
|Shekinah McFarlane||24 October 2019||15 August 2019||9 March 2022||15 August 2019
22 August 2019
25 August 2019
27 August 2019
28 August 2019
29 August 2019
31 August 2019
1 September 2019
|Nicole Kyoung-Mi Lambert||29 November 2019||25 August 2019||Ongoing|
|Sophie Golden||6 September 2019||4 March 2020|
|Cherelle Jay||17 October 2019||11 February 2022|
|Collette Guitart||19 October 2019||17 October 2021|
|Cassandra Lee||14 November 2019||5 March 2022|
|Jessica Niles||17 November 2019||Ongoing|
|Harriet Watson||13 December 2019||23 February 2022||6 March 2022|
19 March 2022
2 April 2022
|Jennifer Caldwell||14 December 2019||3 November 2021||3 January 2020|
4 January 2020
5 January 2020
|Natalie Pilkington||31 December 2019||Ongoing|
|Kiana Daniele||4 January 2020||Ongoing|
|Zara MacIntosh||16 January 2020||4 July 2021|
|Liv Alexander||18 February 2020||7 August 2021|
|Ella Burns||27 February 2020||28 February 2020|
|Karis Oka||29 February 2020||Ongoing|
|Scarlet Gabriel||13 March 2020||14 March 2020|
|Maya Christian||26 October 2021||13 January 2022|
|Dionne Ward-Anderson||16 November 2021||Ongoing|
|Rachel Rawlinson||20 November 2021||Ongoing|
|Keirsten Hodgens||10 December 2021||Ongoing||29 March 2022
30 March 2022
31 March 2022
|Marilyn Caserta||26 December 2021||Ongoing|
|Paisley Billings||8 January 2022||Ongoing|
|Chiara Assetta||27 January 2022||Ongoing|
|Abbi Hodgson||7 February 2022||Ongoing|
|Shannen Quan||11 February 2022||Ongoing|
|Danielle Rose||10 March 2022||Ongoing|
|Aiesha Pease||10 March 2022||15 March 2022|
|Kennedy Carstens||12 March 2022||Ongoing|
|Esme Rothero||17 March 2022||Ongoing|
|Grace Melville||20 March 2022||Ongoing|
|Kelly Taylor||1 April 2022||Ongoing|
|Cassie Silva||3 April 2022||Ongoing|
|Olivia Donalson||4 April 2022||Ongoing|
|Channing Weir||2 May 2022||Ongoing|
- Not much is known about Anna before 1527, apart from her date of birth.
- Henry met Anna privately in disguise on New Year's Day 1540 at Rochester Abbey in Rochester, as this was a courtly-love tradition. It is possible that Anna was unaware that the man in disguise was Henry, as she "regarded him little".
- Some believe that this instance was why Henry referred to Anna as "ugly", since he was deeply offended by her failure to reciprocate the loving gesture.
- Anna was friends with Katherine Howard, and it is possible that Katherine served as Anna's maid of honour.
- After Anna's divorce from Henry, one of the residences given to her was that of the Boleyn's, Hever Castle.
- Due to the generous divorce settlements that Anna received from Henry, she is often called "the King's Beloved Sister".
- After Katherine Howard's beheading, Henry was pressured by Anna and her brother William to remarry her; however, Henry refused.
- Anna stated "Madam Parr is taking a great burden on herself" upon finding out about her marriage to Henry.
- Anna was the last of Henry's wives to die; she died nine years after Catherine Parr, his sixth and final wife.
- For swings and alternates that have two first covers, the role of Anna of Cleves is most often paired with that of Catherine of Aragon.
- For swings and alternates that have three first covers, the role is most often paired with that of Catherine of Aragon and Anne Boleyn.
- Over all, out of the four alternate costumes, the black costume is most associated with the role of Cleves; four out of the seven actresses cast as the black alternate have had Cleves as one of their intended first covers.
- In the musical, Anna's 'queenspirations' were Rihanna and Nicki Minaj.
- In an Instagram story, Toby Marlow stated that if Six were to be made into a movie, he would like either Lizzo or Cardi B to play Anna.
|"But I didn't look as good as I did in my pic..."|
To view the Anna of Cleves gallery, click here.