Catherine of Aragon was Queen of England from June 1509 to May 1533 due to her marriage to King Henry VIII. She was his first wife and was succeeded by Anne Boleyn. Before her marriage to Henry, she held the title Princess of Wales, as she had been married to Henry's brother Arthur before he died. She is currently being played by Amy Di Bartolomeo in the West End production of Six the Musical, and by Adrianna Hicks in the Broadway production. In the original cast recording, her role was played by Renée Lamb.
- Ex-Wives (Reprise) (live only)
- No Way
- Anne Boleyn (Interlude) (live only)
- Haus of Holbein
- Haus of Holbein (Playoff) (live only)
- I Don't Need Your Love (Remix)
- Megasix (live only)
- Miscarried daughter (died 31 January 1510)
- Henry, Duke of Cornwall (born 1 January 1511, died 22 February 1511)
- Stillborn son (born/died 17 September 1513)
- Stillborn son (born/died November/December 1514)
- Mary I (born 18 February 1516, died 17 November 1558)
- Unnamed daughter (born/died 10 November 1518)
|First Principal Performance||First Swing Performance||Final Performance||Emergency Covers|
|Megan Gilbert||31 July 2017||14 October 2017|
|Renée Lamb||18 December 2017||22 January 2018||28 December 2018|
30 December 2018
|Jarnéia Richard-Noel||11 July 2018||14 November 2021|
|Grace Mouat||19 July 2018||18 August 2019|
|Courtney Stapleton||2 February 2019||6 September 2019|
|Adrianna Hicks||14 May 2019||Ongoing|
|Nicole Kyoung-Mi Lambert||21 July 2019||20 November 2019||Ongoing|
|Collette Guitart||31 August 2019||23 November 2021||15 August 2019|
20 August 2019
25 August 2019
10 December 2019
|Shekinah McFarlane||12 September 2019||12 October 2019||20 August 2019|
21 August 2019
22 August 2019
23 August 2019
24 August 2019
25 August 2019
|Vicki Manser||29 August 2019||1 September 2019|
|Candace Furbert||6 September 2019||4 March 2020|
|Zara MacIntosh||20 October 2019||13 November 2021|
|Lauren Drew||24 October 2019||9 March 2022|
|Natalie Pilkington||31 October 2019||Ongoing||5 March 2022|
6 March 2022
5 June 2022
7 June 2022
|Jasmine Shen||17 November 2019||11 March 2020|
|Cassandra Lee||22 November 2019||2 March 2022|
|Chloé Zuel||4 January 2020||5 March 2020|
|Hana Stewart||15 January 2020||1 April 2022|
|Ella Burns||25 January 2020||26 February 2020|
|Harriet Watson||31 January 2020||11 March 2020|
|Jennifer Caldwell||1 February 2020||17 December 2021|
|Liv Alexander||19 February 2020||22 August 2021|
|Jade Marvin||13 March 2020||Ongoing|
|Melinda Porto||26 October 2021||13 January 2022|
|Amy Di Bartolomeo||16 November 2021||Ongoing|
|Paisley Billings||18 November 2021||Ongoing|
|Abbi Hodgson||3 December 2021||3 December 2021|
|Rachel Rawlinson||9 December 2021||Ongoing|
|Phoenix Jackson Mendoza||19 December 2021||Ongoing|
|Marilyn Caserta||3 January 2022||January 2022|
|Shannen Quan||4 January 2022||Ongoing|
|Karis Oka||8 January 2022||Ongoing|
|Danielle Rose||9 January 2022||Ongoing|
|Chiara Assetta||14 January 2022||Ongoing|
|Esme Rothero||26 February 2022||Ongoing|
|Mallory Maedke||27 February 2022||Ongoing|
|Chlöe Hart||10 March 2022||Ongoing|
|Lauren Irving||12 March 2022||Ongoing|
|Grace Melville||16 March 2022||Ongoing|
|Khaila Wilcoxon||29 March 2022||Ongoing|
|Madeline Fansler||4 April 2022||Ongoing|
|Harriet Caplan-Dean||14 April 2022||Ongoing|
|Kelly Taylor||21 May 2022||Ongoing|
|Gabbi Mack||26 May 2022||Ongoing|
|Kelsee Sweigard||1 June 2022||Ongoing|
|Roxanne Couch||22 June 2022||Ongoing|
- Catherine was raised to live in England and eventually become a queen consort by her parents from a young age.
- As Catherine's mother was a female monarch herself, she wanted her daughters to have the best education possible, arranging for them to be taught lessons that were commonly taught only to princes, not princesses. As a result of this, Catherine was well educated in many subjects, including politics and religion, and was fluent in several languages.
- Anne Boleyn served as Catherine's maid of honour.
- Catherine was the godmother of Catherine Parr, and it is believed that her goddaughter was named after her.
- Catherine Parr's mother, Maud Green, was a close friend and lady-in-waiting to Catherine of Aragon.
- Out of all of Henry's queens, he was most closely related to Catherine Parr and Catherine of Aragon.
- Catherine ruled England as regent in 1513 while Henry was away at war with France. During her reign, she also won a victory against the invading Scottish army and sent a piece of King James of Scots' blood stained cloak to her husband after he was killed in the Battle of Flodden.
- Henry's marriage to Catherine was the longest out of his six marriages, with the two having been married for nearly 24 years at the time of the divorce.
- Catherine was the only one of Henry's wives that was older than him; she was born in 1485, while he was born in 1491, making her around six years older.
- For swings and alternates that have two first covers, the role of Catherine of Aragon is most often paired with that of Anna of Cleves.
- For swings and alternates that have three first covers, the previous pair with the addition of the role of Anne Boleyn is the most common.
- Over all, out of the four alternate costumes, the black costume and the pale pink costume are most associated with the role of Aragon; five out of the eight actresses cast as the black alternate have had Aragon as one of their intended first covers, while both of the actresses cast as the pink alternate have had the role as their first cover.
- Catherine is currently the least common role for swings and alternates to make their show debut as, with only three cast members having debuted as her; those cast members being Grace Mouat, Ella Burns, and Paisley Billings.
- After her divorce from Henry, he refused to allow her any title but Dowager Princess of Wales (referring to how she was his brother's widow) until her death, despite Catherine believing herself to be England's only rightful queen.
- In the musical, Catherine's 'queenspirations' were Beyoncé and Shakira.
- In an Instagram story, Toby Marlow stated that if Six were to be made into a movie, he would like either Jennifer Lopez or Jessie J to play Catherine.
|"But I didn't look as good as I did in my pic..."|
To view the Catherine of Aragon gallery, click here.