Cherelle Jay "CJ" O'Donnell is a British actress, singer, dancer, and teacher. She is currently one of three alternates in the West End production of Six the Musical, beginning on 17 October 2019. She is set to leave the show on 14 November 2021.
On 24 June 2021, Six announced that Cherelle had been temporarily covering the role of Anna of Cleves since late May and would continue to do so through early July; she finished her stint as a principal cast member when Alexia McIntosh returned to the production on 14 July 2021.
All Roles Covered
- Anne Boleyn (debuted on 19 October 2019)
- Jane Seymour (debuted on 8 December 2019)
- Anna of Cleves (debuted on 17 October 2019)
- Catherine Parr (debuted on 17 November 2019)
|Timespan||First Covers||Second Covers||Third Covers||Principal||Temporary Principal|
|19 October 2019 - May 2021
As of 15 July 2021
|Anne Boleyn||Jane Seymour||Catherine of Aragon|
|Anna of Cleves||Catherine Parr||Katherine Howard|
|Cancelled Drive-In Tour||Anna of Cleves|
|Late May - 14 July 2021||Anne Boleyn||Jane Seymour||Catherine of Aragon||Anna of Cleves|
|Catherine Parr||Katherine Howard|
|2011||Some Like it Hip Hop||Oprah/Soozy/Tweets, Swing/Ensemble||ZooNation Dance Company, UK Tour|
|2014||I Can't Sing!||Ensemble||Paramount/Stage Entertainment|
|2015||Into the Hoods||Ensemble||ZooNation Dance Company|
|2016||Eurobeat: Moldova||Dhara Poppins||Pleasance Theatre Edinburgh|
|2017-19||Everybody's Talking About Jamie||Swing/Cover Pritti Pasha/Fatimah||Apollo Theatre|
|2019-present||Six the Musical||Alternate Boleyn/Cleves, Anna of Cleves||Arts Theatre, Lyric Theatre, Vaudeville Theatre|
- Cherelle is the creator and co-owner of a dance company called Heels & Feels.
- Cherelle was in the same production of Everybody's Talking About Jamie as Courtney Bowman.
- Coincidentally, Cherelle acted as Courtney's understudy in both shows.
- Cherelle auditioned for Six twice before she booked it.
- When Cherelle auditioned the third time, she was called back for Anne Boleyn, Anna of Cleves, and Catherine Parr.
- Originally, Cherelle really wanted to play Catherine Parr, but after she saw the show she loved Anne Boleyn's "quirkiness and how teasing and playful she was".
- Cherelle made her debut in the show as Anna of Cleves.
- Anna is also Cherelle's favourite queen.
- Out of all of the current West End alternates, Cherelle was the only one to not make an emergency debut before her contract officially began.
- The only queen Cherelle has gone on for mid-show is Catherine Parr.
- Cherelle sang as Anna of Cleves in the Worldwide Six video.
- Cherelle performed as Catherine Parr at West End Live 2021.
- Cherelle is the second alternate to temporarily portray the principal role of Anna of Cleves, the first being Nicole Kyoung-Mi Lambert.
- Cherelle is the second Sri Lankan actress to be in Six, the first being Shimali de Silva.
- On 1 August 2021, Cherelle played Anne Boleyn alongside Zara MacIntosh, Hana Stewart, Liv Alexander, Bryony Duncan, and Collette Guitart in the first all-alternate show in Six's history.
|"But I didn't look as good as I did in my pic..."|
To view the Cherelle Jay gallery, click here.